We encourage the members of St Peter’s to become actively involved in the various ministries. Please contact the Church Office to volunteer for any of the Ministries listed below.
- ACOLYTES: Lights and extinguishes the torches (candle) and carry the torches during the procession and recession of the service.
- ALTAR GUILD: Supports the clergy by preparing the altar, communion vessels and clerical vestments in accordance with the Episcopal Church liturgical calendar.
- CARING HEARTS MINISTRY: During the pandemic it is key to maintain our connection with all members of the Parish. Members call their Caring Heart contacts weekly to check-in and make sure that all is well.
- CHALICE BEARERS: Assist the Celebrant at the Altar during the service
- CRUCIFER: Carries the processional cross
- HOSPITALITY: Assist in the preparation of food, beverages and room arrangements for all church functions in Burton Hall.
- LECTORS: Read the lessons and lead the recitation of the Psalm for each service. They also lead the reading of the "Prayers of the People."
- OBLATION BEARERS: Members of the congregation are asked to bring the elements (bread and wine) to the altar during the Offertory.
- OUTREACH: There is a great need for God's love in our community. St Peter’s Outreach Group provides material needs to the children of our local schools as well as supporting Laundry Love for the homeless of Casa Grande.
- PRAYER SHAWL GROUP: If you are a knitter or crocheter, think about picking up your needles and hooks and joining this group to help
replenish our supply of prayer shawls.
- USHERS/GREETERS: This important ministry involves welcoming visitors to St. Peter's and ushering all to the pews of the Sanctuary.